Deep-fried Chicken Wings Covered With White Sesame Seeds
- 12 chicken wings
- Potato starch (May substitute cornstarch.)
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- White sesame seeds
- Freshly cracked white pepper
- 3t Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 3t Kikkoman Manjo Mirin
- 1t sugar
- 1t sake
1. Mix and heat the sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 3 minutes. Set aside.
2. Rub chicken wings with salt and pepper and coat with potato starch.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a fryer to about 160°C (320°F). Deep-fry the chicken wings for 7 to 8 minutes until cooked completely.
4. Remove the chicken from the fryer, increase temperature to about 180°C (360°F). Return the chicken to the fryer and deep-fry for about 2 minutes, or until crisp.
5. Remove the chicken and drain. Place chicken in the saucepan and mix well with the sauce until completely coated. Place the wings on a rack. Sprinkle generously with white sesame seeds and season with pepper if desired, then serve.
Makes 4 servings
251kcal Protein 12.9 g Fat 13.7 g (per person)